Banaras Hindu University covers diverse subjects like medicine, science, life science, technology, agriculture, humanities, social science, fine arts and performing arts, all at one campus, which is endowed with several modern facilities for carrying out research activities. These would provide the right ambience and ecosystem for cross disciplinary inputs. The multi-disciplinary expertise and years of cumulative experience could effectively be leveraged in enabling the incubatees in solving the problems.
- The Banaras Hindu University campus is among the world’s largest residential universities with over 30000 graduate and post graduate students, over 5000 Research scholars and 2500 serving faculty members. The campus is spread over 1300 acres at Varanasi and 2700 acres in its South campus at Barkaccha, Mirzapur.
- The University covers diverse subjects like medicine, science, technology, agriculture, humanities, social science, fine arts and performing arts, all at one campus, which is endowed with several modern facilities for carrying out research activities. These would provide the right ambience and ecosystem for cross disciplinary inputs. The university offers multi-disciplinary expertise and years of cumulative experience that could effectively be leveraged in enabling the incubatees in solving the problems.
- Banaras Hindu University campus has 6 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, many centers of advanced studies, 05 interdisciplinary schools with a vast knowledge-base.
- Indian Institute of Technology, BHU is one of the oldest institutions of engineering and technology education in the country which has expertise all areas of engineering (Electrical, electronics, computer science & engineering, mechanical, civil, metallurgy, ceramics etc)
- The campus also houses an Institute of Medical Sciences and a hospital with AIIMS like facilities, and alsoMahamana Cancer Center in collaboration with Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai equipped with all the modern amenities. These institutes could offer facilities for developing health care products including clinical studies.
- The Institute of Agricultural Sciences works on important grain-crops as well as advanced agro-technological support to the small and marginal farmers of the region. These technologies as well as expertise can be directly sourced to reach out to larger sections of the society.
- The great diversity of expertise in several areas of knowledge at a single location is the uniqueness of BHU that makes it capable of providing timely assistance and help in technical matters.
- The university develops several technologies as well as technological leads and generates patents. These will require dedicated start-ups for translating them into technologies for products, processes and services, and to make them available to the society.
- The advanced equipment arehoused in the same building of Central Development Centre (CDC) along with Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SATHI) and Atal Incubation Centre.The connect with the Institute of Management would provide an ideal ecosystem to the entrepreneur/start-up and will help the incubates for other support.
Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU
Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU
Institute of Science, BHU